I’m filmmaker, USF alumna, and Tampa native, Renee Warmack, MPA, who Produced, Directed and Wrote the independent documentary movie called Because of Sam.
The film is about Tampa hero, Sam Piazza, who has Down syndrome, won Homecoming King, and works at PDQ. Sam advocates for people with disabilities and volunteers for many worthy causes.
I’m grateful that the movie has received these rave reviews, standing ovations, and wonderful testimonies:
“Well done, exceptional, inspiring. You did an amazing job. It turned out beautifully. From our hearts, thank you for telling our story.” ~ Ruth Piazza, Sam’s Mother
“Be prepared to be wowed… because it’s something very special and something much needed, especially in the world today. We need to put as many positive stories out there as we possibly can and definitely need to highlight as many heroes as we can and my man, Sam, is definitely a hero.” ~WWE Superstar Titus O’Neil
“Sam Piazza is a local hero. His story is worthy of national prominence.” ~Ken Hagan, County Commissioner, Hillsborough County, Tampa, Florida
“… congratulations on this important documentary that demonstrates the struggles and accomplishments of those with challenges, and it will certainly inspire others to be accepting, encouraging, and inclusive of everyone.” ~Tampa Mayor Jane Castor
“Film Tampa Bay, stands behind Renee, and will continue to champion Because of Sam.” ~Tyler Martinolich, Hillsborough County Film Commissioner (Film Tampa Bay)
“I congratulate you, Ms. Warmack, as a local independent filmmaker, having produced, directed and written the new documentary, Because of Sam, marking the challenges that Tampa native Sam Piazza faced…” ~Lesley “Les” Miller, Jr., County Commissioner, Hillsborough County, Tampa, Florida
“I applaud Renee and Sam for their determination to bring this story forward for the greater good. Because of Sam is not only a beautiful story but one that can change lives and families forever.” ~Kelley Parris, Executive Director, Children’s Board of Hillsborough County, Tampa, Florida
Click here for more testimonials.
I’m also honored to have received these letters of support from Tampa Mayor Jane Castor, Kelley Parris, who is the Executive Director of the Children’s Board; Hillsborough County Commissioners: Ken Hagan, Lesley “Les” Miller, Sandra Murman, Kimberly Overman, and Mariella Smith; Public Defender Julianne Holt, and Tyler Martinolich, who is the Hillsborough County Film Commissioner.
I retired from a 20 yr govt. career to make movies that help people claim their power, and change the world for good.
4-Minute Movie Trailer
- One-Page Movie Overview 1-Pager
- The website: BecauseofSamTheMovie.com
- Press that Sam Piazza (the star of the movie) and I have already received: Press Kit
- The letters of support from Tampa Bay Leaders: Letters of Support page
- All the movie trailers: Movie Trailers
- Other successful documentary films by Producer Renee Warmack: IMDB Listing
- Image gallery for more photos: Image Gallery
Click here for the sponsorship levels
Movie Screening Events
- Because of Sam Community Screening at the Villagio Cinemas at Carrollwood — September 28, 2019 – BUY TICKETS NOW! (limited seating)
- Because of Sam Community Screening at AMC The Regency 20 — September 25, 2019 – BUY TICKETS NOW! (limited seating)
- Because of Sam Private Underwritten Screening at GiGi’s Playhouse — September 13, 2019
- Because of Sam Private Underwritten Screening at Carrollwood Day School — September 9, 2019
- Because of Sam Community Screening at Tampa Theatre — August 10, 2019
- Because of Sam “First Look Screening” at Tampa Theatre – July 29, 2019 (Event Flyer)
- Movie Trailer Release Party at PDQ in Carrollwood – March 31, 2019
Tampa Mayor’s Jane Castor Introduces the “First Look” Screening:
Thank You to Our Contributors!
Click here to see the generous list of contributors!
Click here if you would like to support the community screening event(s).
Thank you for your consideration of supporting the movie.
I look forward to hearing from you or your staff: Ph: (813) 610-3132.