Looking to 2020 – Spreading the Because of Sam Message!
Have you ever wondered how small, independent films get on the radar of bigshots who can help their movies reach people all over the world? Well, film festivals are one of those key opportunities.
When a movie is accepted into a big film festival, it gets eyes and ears on it that can lead to distribution and licensing deals, and launch the movie into stardom, where it can touch millions of lives.
When I started this journey in 2009, my heart was invested in making the inspirational Piazza Family story into a movie.
I was fiercely committed to getting it done to honor Sam and his achievements and to encourage others through his courageous example.
Well, thanks to the amazing support of Because of Sam friends like you, I’ve heard (and continue to hear) how the movie is a big hit!
My crew, Sam, and I have come so far since that epic night at Tampa Theatre when over 900 people cheered and gave Because of Sam a standing ovation at the “First Look” Screening in July 2019! I was ecstatic when it beat out big, powerful Tampa businesses to receive the Tampa Downtown Partnership’s People’s Choice Award.
…and, the momentum has continued with:
- Successful community screenings
- Speaking engagements like the Great American Teach-In where Sam and I have enjoyed meeting new friends
- The big announcement of the WWE Superstar Titus O’Neil scene being added to the movie
…not to mention the ongoing publicity:
- The PBS/WEDU Up Close with Cathy Unruh television interview begins to air December 19 to 16 Florida counties
- An article is coming out in the well-known Tampa Bay Parenting Magazine on January 1, 2020.
Our testimonial page is jam-packed with positive reviews and support from Tampa Mayor Jane Castor, Titus O’Neil, and Sam’s Mom (as a passionate filmmaker, the latter is the most important to me).
Because of Sam has been the “little engine who could” movie, that has relied on friends, family and a few key businesses to provide the resources to get it produced, and we are very thankful.
We could not have done it without you!
Now we forge ahead with taking the movie beyond Tampa Bay to transform more lives with its powerful message.
This brings me to the BIG plans I’d like to share with you for 2020 (aka Because of Sam – Phase 2):
- Submit Because of Sam for consideration into prestigious film festivals like Tribeca in New York City and HotDocs in Canada by mid-January
- Pursue television distribution and movie licensing deals with schools, universities, and associations to help take the movie across the globe, touching millions of lives
- Continue the online and offline marketing of the “BOS Roadshow” where Sam and I take the movie to organizations through underwritten or sponsored screenings
- Show the movie in select theatres in Florida
I’m VERY excited about the future and would like to invite you to consider joining me in this next phase, with a financial contribution to help move the project forward.
My goal is to raise $10,000 by January 18, 2020, because at this critical time resources are needed to make sure Because of Sam gets the BEST chance to GO BIG! If we reach that goal, we’ll have the necessary funds to hit the ground running in the new year.
Thank you very much for your consideration.
Any level of giving would be appreciated and those who contribute $100, or more will have their name listed on the Because of Sam Contributor web page.